by Ben Carnes
This forum has facilitated developing and sharing of great ideas at my company.
- free lunch
- broadcast invite to team, management, and other buiz units.
- Topic open to anything (tech, process, vision, …)
- attendance not obligatory. People come because they like the great topics
This forum can facilitate connecting separate teams and business units that may have similar needs but no way of sharing ideas or collaborating.
This form levels the playing field. The developer can become a thought leader. In our experience good thought leaders have emerged from the ranks of the developers.
- book "Fearless Change" — describes the "brown bag lunch" practice.
- book "Community of Practice" — observations of Silicon Valley's culture