Convener: Irmgard Sabet-Wasinger
Discussion & Ideas:
- The book about the 5 dysfunctions of a team was recommended
- The book DRIVE by Dan Pink was recommended
- Challenge the team as PO
- As a last resort, maybe change the team’s composition
- Get a coach
- Ask the team “what does it take to be awesome” in the retrospective
- Let the team figure out what “high performing” means for them and then see where they currently are
- Keep an improvement backlog in the team room
- Find out about motivation - does the team know the purpose? does it know what the users do with “their” software? What would they get out of it if their performance improved?
- Celebrate important milestones! Remind the team of all the great things they achieved in the last 6 months.
- Use figures like the “happiness index” (or others where we did not go into more details…)
And don’t use the word “performance” when discussing this with the teams…